Sunday, September 21, 2008

System uptime!

Snapshot after a long time...
Do you see something...
Screw the wallpaper (well, not exactly, she's kinda beautiful!), but see the snapshot carefully, you see the system uptime!

System uptime is 13+ days, yes, T H I R T E E N days! 13 days without rebooting, that means! All I did when not is use was put her to sleep. Which means I didn't reboot her for about a month now! And she was still kicking a$$ ~~~touchwood~~~. The only reason I had to reboot her was I wanted to take system backup, else I could have easily touched the uptime to 30+ days :) Long live Debian/GNU Linux. Both these number are way below standard server uptimes, but pretty high for regular desktop OSes.



Can windoze beat that... esp. Vista... I don't have slightest doubt, it CAN'T! XP, maybe, but can't vouch on that. Even Mac doesn't beat it. At least the MacBook Pro I had at Google for 2 months, didn't survive more than 3 sleep-wakeup cycles! And Vista I doubt can do any better, because I know when Vish cries in pain every time he has to reboot his windoze because he installed/uninstalled something or wi-fi stopped working, or system just needs reboot because it got sluggish!

For the guys (and maybe even gals!) who are still drooling over the other beauty, here is the link for you, the beautiful Doutzen Kroes.

4 comments:

Sagar Bhanagay said...

"Oh, she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, she needs no reboot
And has great uptime...

She looks like an OS, but she's always a woman to me..." :)

Darth Chatri said...

Nice one Sagar :) Nice to discover your hidden talents. Btw, Atul, the server I maintained had gone to 1 yr, 10 days uptime. And I rebooted because I upgraded from woody to sarge and wanted to start using the new kernel.
Sigh, why should an OS upgrade require a reboot?? ;)

Sagar Bhanagay said...

Lol! Thanks 'Darth' :D. BTW, for Atul's reference, my comment's based on the song - "She's always a woman" by Billy Joel :)

Sweta said...

My Windows Lappy also has good uptime.. A month or so. i hav 2 reboot to get back its speed though :)