Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Weekend Update

After throwing shit on you, life does offer some respite. True that more often than usual, what it gives you is just a glass of water and stamp-sized tissue to clean up bucketful of shit thrown at you, but at least it does so. Enough to clean your hands and help yourself.

After recovering from bad health, though not completely, I could lead my normal life (read play football and roam about freely!). Last to last week, after recuperating a little, I thought I should go to my HQ, a visit I had kept pushing off for more than a month now. As soon as I reached home, we all (read family) headed for Mahabaleshwar, referred to as haven for people troubled by unnervingly tight work schedules and adulterated environment. Though not virgin, it still is beautiful. Thank GOD the crowd was low (the way we all like it) we could roam around freely without worrying about traffic. The first day it was pouring like there's no tomorrow. The other day while we were returing, rain had taken declared time out. Though we have been there several times, I still find it's beauty very mesmerizing. The wind at Sydney Point was so strong that one couldn't stand still to click the snap!!!

Amazing Waterfall on the way...


Fog and only Fog....

More Fog...

Amazing interplay of clouds and sun rays casting shadow on the mountains...

Then last week I was back on the field..... yes FOOTBALL!
It was our last match of the TMKM inter-IT tournament, against Cognizant. The fight was tough. We lost 1-3. What was reassuring, though, was the fact the quality of our game was far better. As a team, we were playing much better than we had in previous tournaments. The one goal that we scored was just worth watching! As magnificent was the goal, so was the pass! One team failed to turn up, so the refrees asked if we were interested in playing against the lone team. WHY NOT!!! We had another game, only this time it was FAR more satisfying and enjoyble! They way I walk now shows I had over played last Sunday :-)

The day I returned from HQ, my mobile phone died :-( 'Contact Service' were her last words. And she kept repeating it every time I switched her on. Time had come to do the most dreaded: Go to Nokia Care Center. Why? Hell, you don't know the infamously famous Nokia Care centers then!!! There's only one in the whole of Pune, it opens at 0930 hrs, you have to go at least an hour earlier, wait in the !@$#ing long queue to get the token, then wait for your turn to come, and then wait ONCE AGAIN for the technician to examine it and say what should be done. And this whole ordeal takes well over 5 hours!!! A nightmare for working professionals! Fortunately I could convince my younger bro, whose currently enjoying his vacations to do that job for me ;-) Of course, I now owe him a favour in return!
Update: Ahh... I missed out that this is NOT free service! All this shit even for whom the warranty has expired and have to shell out money, like me!!!

I was already planning to upgrade from Nokia 6610i and what I had in my mind was Sony's Walkman series. I ended up buying Sony W700i a week later. Review on that some other day. But in short, it's FAR FAR FAR better an equally spec'ed and priced Nokia phone.



8 comments:

Sheetal Kamat said...

good to hear that u are up and running :) :) mahabaleshwar pics are too good :) esp greenary(which i don't get to see it in hyd that often) and waterfall as well..

Anonymous said...

Great to to know that you are back in action..Nokia needs training is service management..May be ITIL framework will help them !! By the way how much is Sony paying you for promotions !!

The Shaolin said...

You bet, it would!!! Nokia really sucks, but maybe only because
we, Indians, are bloody too tolerant of such nonsenses!

I wish Sony did! But for records, no, Sony is not paying me
a dime for that promo. I'm just a BIG BIG fan of Sony!

Anonymous said...

"You bet, it would!!! Nokia really sucks, but maybe only because
we, Indians, are bloody too tolerant of such nonsenses!"

please dont generalize for all your mistakes :D

Anonymous said...

I bought SonyW600i last month and within 3 days, it crashed. It gave "WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH" and never came back again.

W600i has this defect. Please check if W700i is free from that.

I really like the cool looks and feature of W600i, but the reliablity is soo low.I returned it and got a different one.

Anonymous said...

I bought SonyW600i last month and within 3 days, it crashed. It gave "WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH" and never came back again.

W600i has this defect. Please check if W700i is free from that.

I really liked the cool looks and feature of W600i, but the reliablity is soo low.I returned it and got a different one.

The Shaolin said...

> please dont generalize for all your mistakes :D
My mistake???? Please!
If you were there to see the NUMBER of frustrated ppl (in 100s) you wouldn't doubt what I said!

The Shaolin said...

Thanks Mr/Mrs Anonymous! Will check on that.