Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Weekend Fun

A mate from Bombay, Harpreet, had come to Pune for a weekend. I enjoyed his company and believe same is true for him ;-) Due to scorching sun, we spent most of the time indoors. We watched Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith . Well, I haven't seen any of Star Wars earlier so initially some things went easily went past my brains... after a few minutes I got along... Not that I grasped the story but visual effects were just too good! They were as precise as they could! [No, please, it can never beat the grandeur of Matrix-1] But after 31 minutes (might vary person to person) it becomes DAMN monotonous :-S The end is a bit dangling, maybe because I haven't seen other parts. The only scene that I liked was the one where villian general (well, I am not good at reproducing names from that movie) pulls out all of his 4 hands and starts to prepare for the fight. The way he maneuvers 4 swords is amazing. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone, unless of course you are a die-hard Star Wars fan. I believe you can utilize this time in a much creative way (playing football, or reading some novel... GOD, I haven't posted about 2 novels I read some time back) .

Apart from this, on Sunday we played Infy vs. ROC (Rest Of the Club) match. Arguments on ground were to maximum, a disappointment to all, but game was enjoyable. Infy was leading by a goal when we concluded the game. All the time Infy had 4/5 forwards attacking, difficult to mark all of them. Besides, they had a great golie too! No doubt that Infy played well, and so did ROC.

Late through night, yesterday, I re-installed Debian Sarge, compiled complete Xfree 4.5.0 and am still fighting to get my X-server working! Tonight I'm going to try some differnt trick, after which I believe I won't have any stamina left to pursue making Debian+Xfree work on my system :-( Might move to some other distro.

2 comments:

Sheetal Kamat said...

i knew u were karate fan.. (or whatever version it is.. its all same for me) but looks like u have developed very much interest in foot ball as well.. cool.. way to go....

Anonymous said...

Who are the players in "ROC"? Any specific companies?